wow slider

  • botanical-image
  • magazines
  • mountains-and-lakes
  • retro-comic-invite
  • tree-thumbprint
  • vintage-illustrations
1 2 3 4 5 6
jquery slideshow by WOWSlider.com v5.4

Sunday 29 July 2012

Alternative Bride: Bouquets and Boutonnaires

Groomsmen Boutonnieres
I recently came across a fabulous shop whilst perusing Etsy the other day and was so in awe of the products, I just had to ask Tammi, the shop owner of JewelBeGorgeous if i could feature her on the blog... and I'm delighted to say she hopped on board and gave me a little interview about her shop, her inspiration and a few of her current listings:

The Princess Bride Bouquet
I started it all when my eldest daughter announced she was engaged. I thought I could save on wedding expenses by doing the wedding flowers myself. My daughter had seen a brooch bouquet in a wedding magazine and asked if I could make her one. I was definitely afraid at first, but reminded myself that I can be quite crafty and good with my hands once I start something.
Voila! I was so very pleased with my final product and I had such overwhelming response that I decided why not make these by request. I had such pleasure and enjoyment making the bouquets for the wedding and wanted to continue to make them for others. I also try to keep the cost down from others that are being sold. Weddings are costly enough and every bride deserves that one special touch without breaking the bank. I'm all about making happiness.

I am very picky about the type of florals I use and brooches as well. I get most of my brooches by shopping antique shops and occasional garage sales. It's surprising the
beautiful pins that you can find at a garage sale. I use local floral and craft stores for the other supplies, but specialty supplies like berries, burlap, fabric, ribbon, etc is really dependent on the vision of the bride. I want to do my best to use all the details the bride gives me to make sure the bouquet becomes a fluid part of their story for the day!

Vintage Brooch Bouquet

Curiosity sufficiently piqued? Good - now go and buy lots and lots of boutonnieres, and then come back here and read my next post - its going to be a good'un I promise :)

Vanilla R.